May 22, 2010

My Test Cricket career is over: Shahid Afridi


Pakistan T20 Captain Shahid Afridi today made it clear that his Test career is over and will now focus only in one-day and Twenty20 cricket which he said is more suited to his attacking style.

Shahid Afridi, who is tipped to be named next week as skipper of the one-day side for the Asia Cup in Sri Lanka, ruled himself unavailable for Pakistan's six-match Test series in England this summer.

"Some of my well wishers and supporters wanted me to return to Test cricket. But it's the end of Test cricket for me and it's my firm decision," says Afridi.

"Now my focus is forthcoming Asia Cup in Sri Lanka, T20 and ODI series in England and next year's World Cup," he told a state owned news agency.

Afridi, who has not played a Test since 2006, agreed that his attacking style suited limited-over cricket more.

"To be frank, Test cricket has its own demands and it doesn't suit my style. I love to play in attacking manner and I get it from Twenty20 and ODIs," Afridi said.

1 comment:

  1. Marvelous! to the post you sent , I appreciate and thankful to your efforts you done !

    ReplyDelete